CORKJOINT® N.E.C Resin Bonded (Type II) Cork Fillerboard
Click on Image to view full screen
CORKJOINT® N.E.C Resin Bonded (Type II) Cork Fillerboard is manufactured to ASTM Type II from high grade granulated cork and resin binders making it highly suitable as a fillerboard support for joint sealants for use in movement joints.
The high density of CORKJOINT® N.E.C Resin Bonded (Type II) Cork Fillerboard ensures long life compression/recovery and allows it to be drilled for dowel joints to pass through. CORKJOINT® N.E.C Resin Bonded (Type II) Cork Fillerboard is supplied in sheets of 915mm X 610mm in a variety of thicknesses.
CORKJOINT® N.E.C Resin Bonded (Type II) Cork Fillerboard contains only natural clean cork and bound together with a resin and can be supplied on site with a Tear Off Cap which allows for removal and a sealant placed over if required.
In addition, CORKJOINT® N.E.C Resin Bonded (Type II) Cork Fillerboard has excellent anti-microbial properties, which means that they do not promote the growth of bacteria, fungi, or mold.
In summary, CORKJOINT® N.E.C Resin Bonded (Type II) Cork Fillerboards are versatile and can be used in a wide range of construction projects where there is a need for flexible and reliable joint filler.
Areas of Application
CORRKJOINT® N.E.C Resin Bonded (Type II) Cork Fillerboard can be used in a wide range of construction projects where there is a need for expansion joints or construction joints. Here are some common areas of application for cork fillerboards.
- Roads and bridges: Cork fillerboards are used in the construction of highways, bridges, and other transportation infrastructure to create expansion joints that allow for movement and prevent cracking and damage.
- Airports and ports: Cork fillerboards are used in the construction of runways, taxiways, and other airport infrastructure to create joints that can withstand heavy loads and frequent traffic.
- Industrial buildings: Cork fillerboards are used in the construction of industrial buildings such as factories, warehouses, and distribution centers to create joints that can withstand the movement of heavy machinery and equipment.
- Commercial buildings: Cork fillerboards can be used in the construction of commercial buildings such as shopping malls, hospitals, and schools to create expansion joints that can accommodate the movement of people and equipment.
- Residential buildings: Cork fillerboards can be used in the construction of residential buildings such as apartments and houses to create expansion joints that can accommodate the movement of the building due to changes in temperature and humidity.
- Wet areas and water treatment plants: CORKJOINT® N.E.C Resin Bonded (Type II) Cork Fillerboard is highly resistant to moisture and is not affected by water or chemicals commonly used in these environments. Water treatment plants are highly corrosive environments where various chemicals, including acids and alkalis, are used to treat water. Being highly resistant to these chemicals they will not break down or degrade over time, making them an ideal choice for use in water treatment plants.
CORKJOINT® N.E.C Cork Fillerboard is supplied to site packaged and ready for use and is simply glued to the existing concrete and the concrete poured against it. A Tear Off Cap can be then removed for any sealant required over the joint.
Where shown in the Brochure drawings, the expansion joint fillerboard shall be CORKJOINT® N.E.C Resin Bonded (Type II) Cork Fillerboard is manufactured to ASTM D1752 Type II from high grade granulated cork and resin binders, with a minimum density of 120-180kg/m³. The application / installation of the product must be in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
Health and Safety Information
In confined spaces or in still air conditions, the use of a ventilation fan or suitable respirator should be used, and the advice and approval of the Site Safety Supervisor is essential. For further information or advice on health and safety precautions, safe handling, storage and correct disposal of products, please refer to the most recent product Safety Data Sheet (SDS), which is available upon request
The information and the recommendations relating to the application and end use of this product are given in good faith and are based on the information provided by the manufacturer of the product and/or the Company’s current knowledge and experience in connection with the product when properly stored, handled and applied under normal conditions and no liability of final function at the job site is assumed. In practice, the differences in materials, substrates and actual site conditions are such that no warranty in respect of merchantability of, or fitness for, particular purpose, nor any liability arising out of any legal relationship whatsoever, can be inferred either from this information, or from any written and/or oral recommendations, or from any other advice offered by the Company. The Company also has no express or implied knowledge of any particular purpose for which the product is required and any such information given will not be taken into account in the supply of this product. No responsibility or liability by the Company will be accepted for misuse, misreading or derivation from recommended guidelines in respect of this product and the user shall determine the suitability of the product for his intended use and assume all risks and liability in connection therewith. The information contained in our brochure may change at any time without notice. Any use of this product, CORKJOINT® N.E.C Cork Fillerboard, in any application should be approved as suitable for use/application by the Design Engineer and Project Manager.