BOSTIK SEAL ‘N’ FLEX FC Fast Curing Polyurethane Trafficable Joint Sealant
BOSTIK SEAL ‘N’ FLEX FC Fast Curing Polyurethane Trafficable Joint Sealant is a fast cure high performance one component polyurethane elastomeric joint sealant. When fully cured; Bostik Seal ‘N’ Flex FC will provide a tough, flexible seal capable of cyclic expansion and compression to 50% of original joint width without primer on most substrates. Bostik Seal ‘N’ Flex FC is unaffected by ultra-violet radiation, atmospheric contamination or pollution. Its excellent weather ability enables it to retain its original properties after years of expose. (C.S.I.R.O. RILEM expose study).
Some of its key features:
- Fast-curing: The sealant is designed to cure quickly, allowing the joint to be opened to foot traffic within just a few hours after application, and vehicle traffic within 24 hours.
- High strength: The polyurethane formula of the sealant gives it high strength, which allows it to withstand the stresses and strains placed on trafficable floor joints.
- Chemical resistant: The sealant is highly resistant to a wide range of chemicals, including oils, fuels, and solvents, which makes it suitable for use in environments where these substances may be present.
- UV resistant: The sealant is formulated to be UV resistant, which helps to prevent it from breaking down or deteriorating when exposed to sunlight or other forms of UV radiation.
- Easy to apply: The sealant is easy to apply with a standard caulking gun, and can be tooled and smoothed easily with a putty knife or similar tool.
BOSTIK SEAL ‘N’ FLEX FC is commonly used in a variety of industrial and commercial applications, including sealing floor joints in warehouses, car parks, and other facilities with heavy vehicle traffic. Its fast-curing properties make it ideal for situations where downtime must be kept to a minimum, while its high strength and chemical resistance ensure that it will provide long-lasting protection for the joint.
- Australia made
- Aromatic technology
- U.V resistant
- +25% movement
- Abrasion & pick resistant
- AS 4020
- Excellent chemical resistant
- Resistant to fungals attach AS 1157.2
- Acoustic properties
- ISO 9002
- No priming required for most substrates
- No discolouration
- Low modulus elastometric sealant
- Security applications
- Potable water approval
- Petroleum & wash down environment
- Chicken, poultry & food environment
Areas of Application
- Trafficable – Plats, stairs, roads, runways, aprons, and pavements
- Vertical – Precast, block work, aluminums, plasterboards, timber and most common building substrates
- Pick Resistant – Prison, cells, schools, and public, amenties
- Chemical Resistant – Service stations, hangers, aprons and bonded areas
- Fungal Resistant – Wet areas, wash down bays, food processing
Note : The product’s design and performance, its intended use, installation and final confirmation and approval for use, must be provided by the project’s Design Engineer and Project Manager.
Refer to the Product Brochure for details.
Refer to the Product Brochure for details.
Bostik Seal ‘N’ Flex FC is supplied in 720gm (600ml) / 20 sausages per carton.
Refer to the Product Brochure for details.
Bostik Seal ‘N’ Flex FC can be painted as early as 24 hours after application using water borne coating and most epoxy coating systems. Coatings containing high solvent contents such as gloss enamels or high oil based undercoats may cause the surface of the sealant to react creating a tacky surface to develop. A field test is recommended to ensure compatibility. To obtain best appearance and performance the paint must approximate the elongation capabilities of the sealants. High build coatings with some elastomeric ability such as quality acrylic emulsions have the capability to absorb low movement without significant distortion of the paint film.
- Bostik Seal ‘N’ Flex FC when used as an adhesive or sealant should be dispended from either the cartridge or sausage sachet by means of a hand or air operated caulking gun designed for such application (available from Bostik).
- Pierce the membrane from the top of the cartridge and screw on the supplied nozzle. Having previously cut this to give the required angle and bead size.
- Place the cartridge in a suitable Bostik extrusion gun and press the trigger. For sausages, a barrel gun is required and this is available from Bostik. Clip the end of the sausage and place complete sausage with pierced end located at the top of the nozzle. Screw top of nozzle and housing on barrel of gun. Using the trigger on the gun extrude product from the sausage to stop product flow, using the thumb, depress the catch plate mechanism located at the very rear of the gun, directly above the trigger.
- Apply Bostik Seal ‘N’ Flex FC in a continuous operation using positive pressure adequate to properly fill and seal a cavity.
Construction Application Procedures
Bostik Seal ‘N’ Flex FC does not need to be applied to both surfaces to bond, but both surfaces must be prepared in accordance with preparatory work.
Apply in beads or daubs to the prepared substrate. Materials being adhered can be bonded immediately or left open for up to 15 minutes after application prior to bonding. If no mechanical fixing is to be used in conjunction with adhesive, clamping is necessary untill full care is achieved.
Use only enough sealant to achieve adequate bond (dependant on surface texture). Excess sealant can be removed by dry cloth or solvent wipe before curing.
If adhesive is to be exposed, smooth off with spatula or putty knife to flush finish
- Bostik Seal ‘N’ Flex FC should not be used in highly chlorinated areas such as swimming pools, spas etc.
- Bostik Seal ‘N’ Flex FC should not be used in glazing applications subject to UV light radiation or direct sunlight exposure.
- Bostik Seal ‘N’ Flex FC should not be applied or finished with wet tooling techniques, using solvents, water or detergent/ soap solutions.
- Bostik Seal ‘N’ Flex FC sealant should not be applied to unpredictable porous surfaces such as marble, limestone, or granite unless a standard of appearance has been agreed on as a result of testing for stain and/or discoloration.
- Do not use in interior or exterior structural sealing below the waterline in marine applications.
- Do not use in applications less than 5mm in width or less than 6mm in depth.
- Do not apply to surfaces with special protective or cosmetic coating such as mirrors, reflective glass or surfaces coated with Teflon, Polyethylene, Polypropylene or PTFE.
Storage & Shelf Life
Store between 5°C and 30°C. Shelf life is 12 months from date of manufacture in original unopened sausage.
Bostik Seal ‘N’ Flex FC is non-flammable.
Health & Safety Information
In confined spaces or in still air conditions, the use of a ventilation fan or suitable respirator should be used, and the advice and approval of the Site Safety Supervisor is essential. For further information or advice on health and safety precautions, safe handling, storage and correct disposal of products, please refer to the most recent product Safety Data Sheet (SDS), which is available upon request.
The information and the recommendations relating to the application and end use of this product are given in good faith and are based on the information provided by the manufacturer of the product and/or the Company’s current knowledge and experience in connection with the product when properly stored, handled and applied under normal conditions and no liability of final function at the job site is assumed. In practice, the differences in materials, substrates and actual site conditions are such that no warranty in respect of merchantability of, or fitness for, particular purpose, nor any liability arising out of any legal relationship whatsoever, can be inferred either from this information, or from any written and/or oral recommendations, or from any other advice offered by the Company. The Company also has no express or implied knowledge of any particular purpose for which the product is required and any such information given will not be taken into account in the supply of this product. No responsibility or liability by the Company will be accepted for misuse, misreading or derivation from recommended guidelines in respect of this product and the user shall determine the suitability of the product for his intended use and assume all risks and liability in connection therewith. The information contained in our brochure may change at any time without notice. Any use of this product, Bostik Seal ‘N’ Flex FC, in any application should be approved as suitable for use/application by the Design Engineer and Project Manager.